• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does anyone have thyroid issues?

Haven't been feeling to great lately, tired, cant sleep due to going to the bathroom in the middle of the night, stomach pains ect...all I want to do is sleep but cnt leave work to take an hour nap :( you know the drill LOL I went to my family doc because I trust him and my GI doc is booked solid for 2 months.

Anyways I was more concerned about the rapid weight loss. 30lbs in 4 months which is very very odd for me. 175 to 145lbs Plus other issues, So the Doc is doing a complete blood work and I am having him check my thyroid also, my family has a history of thyroid and graves disease. I should have my results tomorrow.

Anyone else have thyroid issues?

nogutsnoglory

It's good to run complete blood work but you also lost a lot of weight. You may be malnourished and your body's stores are low. If your body is fighting disease and you are depleted you will naturally feel weak.

I agree with being malnourished, I was thinking the same thing. I have never been 145 in my life. I feel tired most days like today. Yesterday I felt awesome!! it would be nice to feel "normal" well normal in not feeling tired most days.

I haven't got thyroid problems but like you it runs in my family so one day it might be something that I have to deal with. Hyperthyroid could imitate some symptoms of Crohn's disease as it can cause stomach problems and weight loss. Hope you get answers soon