• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does boost really work for crohns?

I thought I would ask anyone if they drink any of the boost products that is on the market. What kind was it? and did they put on or help to maintain weight after some weight loss after a flair? And did they cause any problems like did they make a flair worse or help. I am going through a bad flair and can not eat as much and loseing weight.:( Will drinking boost 3 times a day help me to try and gain some weight back?

nogutsnoglory

It definitely can help add on weight and get necessary nutrients when in a bad flare. Overall though it's got crap ingredients I would only use it when necessary.

I used to drink a pack of ensure/boost a day and didn't gain any weight at all. In fact I always felt a little worse when I drank it often.

Thanks to everyone who droped me a line back It will help me alot in next few months. Maybe I should try something else to help gain weight any good ideas? thank you all and god bless.

I don't drink it now, but it used to help me a lot when I was really underweight and low energy. It's different for each person, but I would say drink them as a start up until you find something better/healthier.

I make my own drinks using a Nutribullet, but Now that I think about it, something like Naked or Bolthouse Farms juices can help (If you google either brand, you may find some alternatives). I heard Coconut water is good for you as well, but I have never tried it: http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/coconut-water.html

That's all I can think of for now. :) Let us know what you find works for you - it's such a crazy process!!