• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does Budesonide give you extra energy????

This is my second day on Budesonide to attempt to get a CD flare under control while I wait for Humira to be approved. And I just cannot believe how much energy I HAVE! Wow I feel better than I have in years.....hope it continues! I cleaned the house, made apple crisp, am now cooking supper and may even exercise later! This is so much more like the old me!!! Love it!!!:heart::heart:

It would not last only if you're on it long term, as a maintenance drug -- then the body gets used to the reaction. However, if you only take it for flareups (no more than once a week) you would feel the energy anew every time. At least it works for me. :dance:

Glad you're feeling good! I've taken that med before and felt no effect at all. Be everyone reacts differently