• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does Prednisone Always Affect You the Same?

I am just curious because I am on my third round of prednisone and this time it feels different than the first two go arounds. I gained major weight the first two times around and this time I haven't gained any. I am slightly puffy, but nothing compared to the last two times. The insomnia however is worse. Am I not gaining weight because things are worse this time around than they have been in the past? I am following the same dosage/taper schedule. I started at 40 mg for two weeks and and now down to 25 mg. Last time, I didn't feel any symptoms coming back until I was down to 10 mg but this time I am already starting to feel things creeping back in.

Astra

Hiya Kelly

I've only been on Pred once, this past year, so I don't know how it is the second or third time round!
when I got to 15mg all hell broke loose, so I upped it to 20mg for a month, this seemed to work, then I tapered again, maybe you could up it back up for 2 more weeks? maybe any inflammation that is there hasn't been blitzed enough yet?
hope you get it sorted soon, good luck!
Joan xxx