• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does stress cause you to flare?

I have a job interview tomorrow. I've been stressed the past few days preparing for it. Up until this morning I have been feeling great. Woke up with cramps, stomach pain radiating to the back.

So probably the stress of my interview tomorrow causing me to flare? I'm trying not to take a pain killer. What have others done to get them out of a flare ( hoping its temporary). ? The margarita with a kicker i just drank is not quite relieving me.

Stress definitely has put me in a flare. Stress and no sleep really make my crohns worse. Or at least the symptoms. I usually go on low residue diet and drink lots of peppermint tea.
Good luck with the interview!

Good luck with the interview! Stress is a big cause of flares for me, but usually once the source of the stress passes the flare calms down and disappears too.