• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does this flare up ever end......

Hello, I was diagnosed when I was 14 years old. I am now 22. I have had 2 surgeries and have been on pentasa, remucade, Humira, Imurane, some powder stuff, and now I'm on my last resort.... entyvio. I have been in a flare up for the last 6 months. Literally just keeps getting worse. I've been on prednisone for the last 5 months. I am so miserable I've gained about 45 pounds from my medicine. I am also having really bad joint pain in my knees and ankles. I am constantly depressed because I feel like I have no one to talk to that understands what I'm going through and how awful it is. Everyone seems to just blow it off like it's just a belly ache... :( I'm just so over this disease..

Sorry for you struggle. I found this forum helpful during my lower points. I hope the entyvio helps you. My family blew it off as a stomach all throughout high school. It took 4 years of Doc appointments before a diagnoses. I really do hope you find a medicine therapy that works for you!'

Best of Luck!

If anybody understands what you're going through it's the people on this forum. Feel free to share your frustrations. I have family members who have been wonderfully supporting and others that have been selfish and "energy suckers" draining what little energy I have

Thank you! I've heard wonderful things about entyvio. But I also heard wonderful things about remicade and humiria. But every 2 years my medicines stop working. It's so repetitive it's weird. And it's always around november-March when my bad flare ups begin. And my family is very supportive

Last edited:
Welcome. This is really a supportive group. What is your doctor saying about your situation? Of the biologics that I have heard of there is also Cimzia and simponi and there are probably a few other. I hope your doctor can find the right one. Let us know.