• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does this sound like crohns?

I know I need a doctor, but I haven't gone and im too afraid to go. and its so inconsistent, i'll schedule and cancel because the symptoms will go away. And I don't want a colonoscopy. I know you cant professionally diagnose me, but just opinions would help.

It started int he 8th grade.i only get diarrhea in the morning. its ALWAYS the morning. I had a big problem with it almost every day and then i went on birth control because of it. i also had my stomach felt and was told that it was probably from worrying. after that, it stopped.

since then, every once and awhile it would come back. sometimes i would only get it once. i sometimes get it the first day of my period.

it calmed down through high school, then when i got to college it started up a bit for awhile, then it stopped. i started taking vitamins and thats when it went away. i havent gotten diarrhea in about a year (unless on the first days of my period sometimes, but i know thats normal) and i just got it the other day.

it's scaring me. Does this sound like crohns? it only happens in the morning, and sometimes it's an isolated incident? help

It may just be an intolorence to certain foods or IBS rather than a bowel disease. Especially considering you don't have any other symptoms.
If you went to your dr. They'd probably do a blood test first. Before even considering a colonoscopy. X

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, Opall!

It sounds more like IBS than Crohn's, since it's so intermittent and there are no other symptoms. However, you really need to see a doctor to make sure. I know it's scary and unpleasant, but if there is something else going on, going untreated can cause it to get worse. And as GEC said, it's not even guaranteed they would do a colonoscopy (which isn't even as bad as it sounds, promise!).

:hug:

Shucks - I remember my colonoscopy. All in all it was a great day - got to clean myself out and was so hungry I had a huge meal and it was delicious. Anyway, I digress, it sounds like food intolerance / ibs / hormone imbalance like sarah has said. There are plenty of non-invasive tests they can do before colonoscopy that would suggest if further testing is needed. Blood tests, stool tests, etc.