• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does this sound like crohns?

hello I'm Harriet and wanted some advice wether I have possible crohns,I always am extremely tired for no explained reason,when I eat within a few minutes I have to go to the bathroom and experience blood in my stools every time which is a very scary sight to see when you know blood is normally associated with something bad. I am 14 so still in school and when I have to go to the bathroom I have to go and obviously it's not something teachers really would understand and that I would want to say in the middle of a class. Also when in school and having to go to the bathroom around 6-7 times a day you never get the bathroom to yourself and because of the noise it can become quite embarrassing when they ask what is wrong when I don't know myself. I have been to the doctors and my doctor instantly just refered me to the hospital and I am now waiting for my appointment and would love some advice in the mean time.
Many Thanks.
Harriet

nogutsnoglory

I'm sorry you are having these symptoms. They may or may not be related to Crohn's. How long have they occurred for? Can your doctor refer you to a gastroenterologist? They can run tests to help diagnose if its Crohn's, IBS or something else causing your GI issues.

nogutsnoglory

The initial test your doctor should run are blood tests and a stool sample. If nothing is found through that they should refer you to a gastroenterologist who can run imaging tests to look inside your bowels.

he did no tests and just said go for an internal examination at the hospital,I will make you an appointment. So I honestly have no idea what is going on and unsure wether to go to the emergency room and see what's going on once and for all.
Harriet.