• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Donate your computer idle time to Microbiome/Crohns/UC research

Hi all,

Just wanted to share this link (unfortunately I can't post the direct link yet but). This program World Community Grid lets you donate your idle computer CPU cycles to research protein folding for different causes. One of their sub projects is to research the microbiome/ various gut bacteria. Google search:

Microbiome Immunity Project

Worth downloading to contribute if anyone is interested.

I've been running that program on my computer for a few months now!! I've almost forgotton about it actually but it comes up as a screen saver so I know its still running or I assume so!

D

Deleted member 431298

Like Wildbill I am running it too and have done so for a few month. Most of the time I spend in front of the computer is doing desktop work, and the calculation just runs in the background, no problem!
The control panel says "Work done for this project: 21126" Don't know exactly what that means :)

Go to this page to learn more: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/research/mip1/overview.do

then click the "contribute to this project" button

cheers