• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dont feel sick, but bowel area in pain!

S

snazzy

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has or is experiencing this sort of pain.

Started 6 days ago, have really bad pain in my bowel area that also has moved to my lower back. And really hurts to go to the toilet (#2) sorry to be so graphic but also hurts in my bum. Luckily for me Im only going once a day now and its quite normal, just no amount of pain killers stop the pain of going. And its not a Hemorrhoid pain, more like a throbbing pain. Im ok when I take pain killers (thankfully) just wish u could take them in your sleep lol Not nice waking up with pain!

Spoke to my doctor and he said my blood work looks fine and its not a reaction to my medication and that it is just pain associated with Crohn's.

So just curious if anyone else has ever had this, and what did they do to make themself more comfortable?

Kev

One of the first things that come to mind is to watch the diet, eat smaller meals over the course of a day Vs 2 or 3 regular sized ones, and shift your eating habits so that you start off the day with your biggest meals, n taper off to smaller & smaller ones. I also found that exercise or activity helps, n restricting the amt of fibre & residue in my diet. dehydration can elevate the amount of cramping, so be sure to drink plenty, OK

S

snazzy

Flare

Well after putting up with 9 days in alot of pain, finally after mum nagging at me to go to the hospital I finally went - yes im a stubborn cow! Turns out the pain was a "Flare" Im only new to this whole Crohn's situation. Spent the night In hospital and I can say that morphine is GREAT ! Helped with the pain so much, was great to feel normal again! Been put on Prednisolone, but hopefully only have to be on it for a couple of weeks - dont like the sound of all the side affects - scary ! Plus I like my face the way it is, getting moon face scares me. But feeling alot better, thankfully :)

Kev

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I originally put off seeing a doctor, thought I had the flu.. ended up being rushed to the ER. Taught me a lesson bout being stubborn.
As for pred, the side effects are pretty scary, once you get past that, the relief that it brings (usually), the strength & energy it gives, make it hard to say good bye to. Its' a shame that the short term/long term side effects rule it out as an effective method of treating this disease. I'd have been happy to stay on this drug if only I could have