• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Don't know what to think!!

I haven't been on here much because of not feeling well and so much stress in my life with everything. I will be so glad when I can just pick up and move away from all of this into a little cabin in the middle of the woods with nothing but trees, animals and beautiful scenery. I won't be dealing with as much stress then. Won't have any utility bills to worry about either. We will be living off of a generator and solar lights for electric which will take away the electric bill, and wood stove of which we have more than enough wood from the trees to heat the place and cook over an open flame for food. Water might be a problem but will deal with it for now and just go to the river for water for the toilet and clean ups. I just can't take the stress anymore and don't want to throw my money to them.
Over the last couple of weeks, I have lost 15lbs and am now scared of what is actually going on with me, with accidents almost every day now. I haven't found a doctor yet, but the Medicare starts today. Just not sure whether I even want to bother to get a doctor around here or wait until I get up north and find a new one up there that will have a fresh and new look as to what is actually going on with me. That, I think, might be better for me to do.

What do you think about all of this? Do you think maybe it would be better for me to wait to get a doctor until I get up there, or with the amount of weight being lost, that something else might be going on too. I was in bed most of the day on Saturday sleeping away the dad in severe cramping pain in my lower abdomen and back. I don't know if it is the Crohn's or the fibromyalgia or just because it has been so hot here lately with the 90 degree temps.

Hi,
I also have the urge to head out to a nice property, in the rainforest region up north of me... It's amazing how that urge grows when I'm feeling worse. Once I took off and stayed up there in a remote cabin - but I had a flareup and it was a really difficult time, and a learning experience.
I think you might be best to try and get your health stabilised before taking off. It's a strain to move anywhere, and you need to be feeling ok to make it work, and to get settled. Your symptoms suggest you need some good care right away. I hope you can get it. And, the cabin and the dream will still be there.
All the best to you.

yea the cabin and getting away is nice i go camping all the time with my trailer to get rid of all the stress. but if your symptoms gets worse like handle said i would find a doctor right away and things settled out before it gets worse.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Margie. Things don't sound good. If I were you, I'd put my health before everything else and see a doctor. I know you want a new start, but your health problems will come with you. Unfortunately, we can't run away from them, though I wish we could.

Good luck.