• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dose smokin weed help with uc

ive just got out of hospital the weekend after being diagnosed with uc i was in there for two weeks having steroid injection, im currently back at home at the moment being treated with the tablets but im still very weak and still in alot of pain i was thinking about smoking weed as ive been told by someone it can help alot with uc. was wondering if anyone had tried this and did it work for u

Last edited:
I smoke a few times a week, and I have found that it is definitely a huge help in regards to symptoms. It definitely helps with nausea, pain and increasing appetite.

thanks for reply, if you don't mined me asking how long have you had it, has it every gone away or do you have constant symptoms and the weed just helps it. do you smoke solids or bud, i haven't smoked a spliff for about 10 years as im not over keen on the tobacco ( but obviously if it work ill smoke it ) have you ever made it in a drink if so did this also work

I was first treated for Crohn's symptoms in 2009, they diagnosed it as IBS. I went back for a second opinion in April 2013 after symptoms worsened and I began losing weight. I was finally diagnosed with Crohn's disease. I was started on Pentasa four times a day, as well as a steroid. The symptoms had been pretty constant; abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, and fatigue.

I never smoked weed, maybe a few times in high school. My boyfriend smokes and I smoke with him maybe 2-3 times a week. It definitely helps my abdominal pain, and improves my appetite. I have read that marijuana is a good anti-inflammatory. I wouldn't recommended that you only smoke weed, and stop taking your medications, but I think it is a good way to manage your symptoms.

Hi weeman,

I know for many of us, the initial diagnosis was pretty traumatizing. Just know you have options, and now that you know what you're dealing with, there's a much better chance of finding a treatment plan that works. I sent you a message with some links. As a new member myself, they restricted me from posting URLs publicly. But I think you'll find the information helpful.

And I can't stress this enough: Whatever decisions you decide are best for you, please make sure you're doctor is part of that process.

Best in health,
MtnGirl

Hi weeman,
I will use it for my crohn's symptoms. It really is one of the things that helps me function the most. There is a section in this forum that discusses it. I would suggest doing some research on vaporizing instead of smoking. Or making butters or an olive oil for ingesting. CBD's and the CBN's are the properties we are looking for the most since they help with inflammation. Here is a good site to start your research http://www.treatingyourself.com/
All the best!

Last edited: