• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dreaming about my pain

Are you ever in so much pain that it intergrates into your dreams?

I once was dreaming that my stomach was cramping really bad and it finally woke me up because it was actually happening! The worst part was that it was one of the most severe episodes I get. The kind where it cramps to the point I can't move, extreme bloating, feeling like I have to go and nothing happens, etc.

Last night I dreamt that my back was hurting so bad. In my dream, I dreamt that I had broken it or something. I kept waking up because of the pain (nothing out of the ordinary there). However, it would be nice to get away from the pain once in a while!

The dreams I hate the worst are the ones where I'm looking for a place to poop and every place I go the bathroom looks like the most nightmarish disgusting bathroom ever; overflowing with poop, crap on the seats, floors, walls, etc, that or there's no doors, or walls and everyone's just out in the open, and I'm going from place to place holding the poo, cramping, and then finally wake up to realize that I have to poop really really bad. Course, I guess that's better than finding a pristine bathroom and relaxing and pooping and then waking up.........

DanSJVDavis said:
The dreams I hate the worst are the ones where I'm looking for a place to poop and every place I go the bathroom looks like the most nightmarish disgusting bathroom ever; overflowing with poop, crap on the seats, floors, walls, etc, that or there's no doors, or walls and everyone's just out in the open, and I'm going from place to place holding the poo, cramping, and then finally wake up to realize that I have to poop really really bad. Course, I guess that's better than finding a pristine bathroom and relaxing and pooping and then waking up.........
Ha ha, I have pee dreams like this all the time! And I always wake up DESPERATE for the loo. Haven't had any poop ones yet but haven't had the D and fingers crossed it stays that way!

lol
Thats quite funny. This isnt about pain or anything, but last night I had a dream I was trying to sneak out of someones house, and as I was going down stairs I heard them in the kitchen so I was like aah I have to get out rly quick! So I went out the front door and was about to run away but there was another front door, and another, and another, and i kept going to run and then had to stop to open the next door! Then the next door i saw I could see outside through the glass. And I thought yes! One more door then I can cross the road and get out. Then suddenly someone grabbed my shoulder and said in my ear 'who's going across the road?' And I was so scared I woke up to find it was my boyfriend in real life asking me!!
I can still hear the exact tone he said it in! So I assume I was talking in my sleep, but I havnt asked him if he remembers it yet because he is still in bed! haha!
xxxx

E

Ezequiel

I laughed a lot at this thread.

So I am not the only one who has cramps/pains in my sides when I sleep? I get them every night without fail (nearly).

Yes they sometimes come nabbing me from pleasant dreams.

Boy, in my dreams I seem to do a lot of "running" also. I've scared the crap out of my wife before by jumping out of bed and dashing for the bathroom. I have stubbed my toes on the bed post so many times cuz I don't see good in the dark.

I have had the "need to find a bathroom but they all are too icky"dream a million times. How funny that I never thought of anyone else going through that. In mine, it usually ends up that the bathroom is inappropriate for some reason, (like it turns out that it is really a swimming pool), or it is open and people are there who would see me.

I have also had the pain dreams. And the gotta pee dreams. Pretty much everything you guys have described. :)

I am getting a new Dr and last night I dreamed that he was the best Dr ever. It was one of the first nights in a long time where I wasn't in pain all night and I slept pretty much through the night. Such a nice dream too. :)

While on T-day vacation I had this terrible dream that I had to poop sooooooo bad but the lines were so long. Like hundreds of people long. I ran to all the bathrooms in this building but same thing. So I decided I better just leave but then there was some sort of exit registration or something and they kept me at this table making me fill out forms and trying to sell me stuff. So I just started crying and begging them to let me go because I needed to use the bathroom really bad.
Oh boy, that was a terrible dream.

DanSJVDavis said:
OMG Dan - that last line was like a sweet punch line on a great joke!

I have had several dreams where I'm literally sitting in a classroom full of people ON a toilet - where everyone can see me - and I can't get up. (I know, I know - "Help - I'm crapping and I can't get up!" haa haa). Very humiliating! And just all the lovely crazy emotions that run through your brain in the middle of all that. And I do remember pain dreams and the fact that whatever pain I'm having always seems so much worse in the dream and even when I wake up slightly it just seems so much worse than when I'm awake and it is daytime. Maybe your body just doesn't have much stimulus to distract from the pain while you are sleeping so it gets really focused on and magnified or something - who knows? I have

My friend dreamt that I was a rubbish magician the other day. I was attempting to do card tricks but the rain and the wind meant they kept on going wrong.

I don't know where to begin interpreting that one. It's probably bad.

Last edited:
If I did have a poo dream. I'd immediately repress it into my subconscious.

Isn't dreaming of poo an oxymoron? Isn't it a poo nightmare?Who would ever dream of poo? In the Shawshank redemption Andy didn't dream of poo - he dreamt of escape. He had to crawl through poo to escape. Hence my point.

Semantics aside,this song should defineltley be our anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhsieRgek5w

This doesn't have a lot to do with dreams, but when I was about 5 I got out of bed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Apparently I walked down the hallway, made a right and when my mom caught me I was about to pee on my oldest sister who was sleeping in her bed. I really was sleep walking , I'd never do something like that on purpose.

Pirate - Freud would have a field day with you mate!

I've got a friend whose similar he enjoys urinating in wardrobes when he's drunk/sleep walking.

My older brother use to have the same problem as your friend. He wieghs about 325 and one time he got drunk and was mooning everyone. Well his wife drove him home and when he got in this little car, he got worked around and stuck his bum in the front window with his pants down. He got stuck and they had to wait to get him out when they got home.

Sounds like the guys in Freeland Michegan know how to party!

Now I'm no expert on the Highway Code but i'm pretty sure mooning out of the window isn't recommended. However you cannot put a price on comedy.

I have had pee dreams. Usually ends up in me peeing the bed! If I am in pain I would have a nightmare but not dream about being in pain more like my marriage in trouble or someone died. Always something really emotional. My husband says I laugh in my sleep a lot. Cracks him up.

Can't say I have ever had a Crohns related dream. Though now with the pain killers I actually sleep through most of the night and have some odd dreams.

Last night I dreamt my GF was going to sing the national anthem at a Padres game and I was trying to talk her out of it because she can't sing. lol

Haha let's do it Miss Valentine - only problem is I can't hit the high notes at the end - you'll have to cover me there

I had this crazy dream last night that MG came back and was all chatting on here as if nothing happened and I was the only one who thought something was weird about it!

This is exactly what my poor daughter has been going through...she quite frequently is awoken in the middle of the night from her gut pains...her BF tells her that he hears her whimpering, moaning and such in her sleep, he even woke her up the first time he heard her and she was in so much pain when she woke up and was in the bathroom for about 2 hours....breaks my heart that anyone suffers like that.

I myself don't have that issue, but I've certainly had many times when my flares are severe that I'd be woken up by this stupid disease in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom....during the severe times I sleep with a folded towel under me just incase I don't wake up or get to the toilet in time...it's alot better than changing all the bedding in the middle of the night, sometimes 2 or 3 times.

:)

shazamataz said:
I had this crazy dream last night that MG came back and was all chatting on here as if nothing happened and I was the only one who thought something was weird about it!
God forbid. I think she is done with us - at least I hope so. That wouldn't be a crazy dream for me, it would be a nightmare.

My wife can tell when I am having a flare-up cause I also will moan and groan and wimper in my sleep. Use to be that when she came to bed she had to get me up to change the sheets and pillow cases because of the night sweats. So bad it was like I'd just stepped out of the shower. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

I had a dream last night that my GI and his boss (head od department) had come round to my place to fix something on the roof! Ha, ha, they were so helpful when in real life I can't even get hold of them!