• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dreams of Crohn's Disease

Cara Fusinato

Sarcastic Forum Comedian
Have we done this one before? Hmmm.

People with amputed limbs and such see themselves whole in dreams and active to do whatever they want. How do you see yourself? Do any of you have Crohn's in a dream? Does it precede a flare-up? Or is it random?

For the first time, I had Crohn's in a dream. I dreamed I was attending my high school reunion (my husband just had one a few weeks ago -- mine is next year). I saw all these people I have wanted to see. But not only did I have to hit the restroom in an inconvenient time, but I was holding my side, like it was hurting from a flare-up. When I woke up, my side hurt. I wondered if I had eaten wrong or if it was just a left-over of the dream. The pain faded as I got moving. It was just so strange.

Anyone like to comment on dream experiences? I think we have talked about this before, awhile ago.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I really do not remember any dreams with me having Crohn's Disease symptoms.

I do know that while I was on prednisone I seemed to have a lot more nightmares or really bizarre dreams though.

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

i think dreams are strange things ive never dreamed about crohns but i do have dreams of things and wake up and it still seems real for afew minuites after waking up ((hugs))