• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Drug interaction - Budesonide & SSRI's?

Hi

I have just come off Humira (after 2 years on it) and now am on a 3 month reducing dose of Budesonide before I start a clinical trial.

My question is I think I need some medical help with the anxiety and my GP is talking about prescribing an SSRI. Are any of you (or in the past) on Budesonide and a SSRI? If so, which SSRI and have you had any side effects from the combination of the two drugs?

Previously, I have 'reacted' to most meds that I've tried since being diagnosed and although I would like some medical help with the anxiety (I will be getting some CBT and counselling next year), I don't think I can tolerate anymore bad reactions at the moment.

I would really appreciate any advice or personal experience that any of you may have.

I'm on Uceris and hydrocortisone (my adrenals didn't wake up after using prednisone for my Crohn's) and I suffer from depression/general anxiety disorder. SSRIs had too many side effects and one by one they stopped working. I've been taking Buspar (buspirone) for a few years and it has been a life saver! No more depression, no more panic attacks and very little anxiety. Buspirone has been a life saver for me.

I hope you get some relief.