• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dumb Question

:sign0085:

I can not for the life of me figure out what you are supposed to use those little stickers they give you with the filtered bags. Obviously they are for the filter in some capacity, but what is their function?

Thanks!

Put the sticker on top of the filter opening on the backside of the bag to prevent it from getting wet in the shower.

annawato

Staff member
My bags sometimes leave a charcoal stain on clothes so I put the sticker on the cloth cover so that gas can still escape. I don't worry about covering it in the shower since I change bags every day but would if I was going swimming. Assuming I could find a cossie to fit me nowadays! :) :) :) :) :)

I agree Susan. I've tried them several times and they never do anything. I don't like the filters either. They only work for maybe a day for me.

When I tried the filtered bags I always leaked on my pants so I tried a big bandaid and it worked. After I used the entire box I reordered normal bags without the filters as I was tired of having stained pants and using up my bandaids that I needed for cuts and bruises.

Any of the suppliers will send you free samples. For their details see the third sticky at the top of this sub-forum.

Oh.
I put the sticker over what I assume is the filter when I am hopping in the spa.
I assume that prevents anything leaking out in to the water.
But I never bothered to check if that was what it was intended for, or what really happens.

Is that what they are for?
Eek! I hope I haven't unwittingly pooped in my spa!

Nyx

Only air comes out the filter...I don't cover mine when I go in our hot tub...it's kind of neat watching the bubbles come out of it...lol

I have a huge collection of them. Can't get anything to stay on for more than a day and shower bag free anyway. When I do go in with my bag on, I stick a shower cap over I so the bag doesn't end up all wet against my skin.

annawato

Staff member
Jano what a brilliant idea! I hate how the bag gets wet and how the supposed water repellent fabric stays damp. Plus how the edges of the flange get all gooey then harden to a sharp edge that digs into the skin. I've always showered just before my bag change but its often awkward when the quiet time doesn't happen until the end of the day. You must put this suggestion into the good advice for you thread.

Re the stickers, I too have a large collection. God knows why I am hanging onto them. Probably the same reason my grandmother had a large collection of rubber bands, twist ties and other assorted 'stuff'.