• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dx'd with Crohns about a month ago...

st I recently ended up in the hospital due to a C-diff infection and a Crohn's disease flare up that enabled them to dx me. I have been dealing with the symptoms for years prior now. It has been almost a relief to find out what has been wrong with me all this time. I would like to learn as much as I can about my disease and be prepared for what my future holds living with this disease. Most recently I have been dealing with what I am assuming is a partial obstruction. Major and painful bloating that last about 3-4 days and happens about every four to six weeks. A liquid diet and prn rx'd percocet has been my only relief. If any one has anything that will be helpful I thank you : )

Hi There,

It is a relief to get a diagnosis and then be able to learn about the condition, your doing the right thing by wanting learn and understand it. The forum should be able to answer any queries you may have, there are many topics covered here, just have a good look around :) I'm new to Crohns having been diagnosed just a few months ago and find it can be a bit overwhelming at times. This forum has given me lots of help and loads of support and I'm glad you have found us :)

I can't help you about the blockage query, although you have described symptoms I have been having so I will be interested in what others say. Right this minute I am sitting with heat pillows on my abdomen, this I find soothes my tum :), A towel just out of the dryer works as well. Hope this helps for now.

Welcome to the forum.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

There is a lot of helpful info and support here so I am glad you have decided to join :) Are you on any meds for your crohn's? How long have you been on the liquid diet and how often are you seeing your doc? With the bloating do you find you are constipated or have diarrhoea?

AB
xx