• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Eczema

Anyone have positive experiences treating eczema with something other than steroid creams?
I am not experiencing Crohn's symptoms. I eat SCD and take apriso...but I've had eczema patches on my hands on and off for years. It is recently really flaring up...Big red patches that feel tight, painful and itchy covering a lot of the backs of my hands. I've used steroid creams in the past, which would get rid of it for a week or so, but my skin would become dependent and the eczema would return worse than before.
I've been just using over the counter lotions and coconut oil.
Any other solutions?

fuzzy butterfly

Hi sorry you are having trouble . I used to have very bad eczema i was prescribed balnium (think thats how it was spelt)oil to use in the bath. Which helped me greatly. Thankfuly iv not suffered from it for 20 odd years now. Hope this helps n best best wishes for speedy relief by which ever method u try 💕

I'm using Betaderm SPARINGLY, and also try to keep your hands from getting wet. Water makes mine worse. I use lined non-latex gloves.