• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Effects of Anesthesia?

Hey Guys!!!

Tomorrow I go in for my 2nd Colonoskopy.. and Im a little worried.:sign0085:

The 1st procedure I woke up in the middle of it!! :thumbdown: :yfrown:

It was thru the hospital. I have the same doc, and he says that the hospital is cheap, and gave me cheap medicine.

He is giving me what he likes to call Jackson Juice. (I guess its the same stuff Michael Jackson died of):cool2:

Either way, these next 2 days are 60 degrees!!! I have not been able to enjoy nice weather is soooo long!!!!! :cool:

Tonight, i know i will not be doing anything other than prep... :poo::frown::mad2:

:shifty-t:

but i was wondering, if anyone has had Anesthesia before and can help me...
...Can i plan on having breakfast after the test? Or am I going to go straight to bed???
The first exam I had was at 5am and I do not remember too much... (other than waking up in the middle of it.):yfrown:

but a good friend of mine is driving me to and from the doc.. Id like to go out and enjoy the day... If possible.
Maybe even eat some food! :strawberry:

Sheila, I am always pretty groggy for the first few hours after, but I ALWAYS go grab food somewhere, lol! The first 2 hours after are the most groggy for me, I do pretty well after.

Hi, I wasn't able to eat before, but you can have something after they have done it, strange how you woke up in the middle of your first one. instead of me waking up myself after they had to give me something to get me to wake up.

yeah I know, they said that they might have given me to much anesthetic when they were measuring out how much to give me or it was just the way my body reacted to it. It was really scary because it didn't know where I was afterwards, I wouldn't eat or drink anything afterwards, I guess people react differently to it.

At one of the local hospitals here, they want to get more people in for tests, so they now give all the scope patients the medicine to wake them up faster, so they can get more in, more money for them I guess. I'd prefer them to let me wake up on my own, the medicine that wakes me up always makes me sick at my stomach.

At one of the local hospitals here, they want to get more people in for tests, so they now give all the scope patients the medicine to wake them up faster, so they can get more in, more money for them I guess. I'd prefer them to let me wake up on my own, the medicine that wakes me up always makes me sick at my stomach.
Thats insane! I hope i do not need that medicine!!!