• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

EGD results

Okay, so by way of background, I have periodic episodes of cramping and diarrhea. Results were positive for Crohns on Prometheus Serology 7, and I've been through all the scopes (I think?): colonoscopy - all clear w/2 benign polyps; pill cam - thought there was narrowing of duodenum b/c the camera got hung up, decided to check this with EGD and it turned out it was sharp angulation. He found esophagitis, put me on omeprazole, and today I got my pathology report for the biopsies he took during the EGD:

No stomach infections
Stomach biopsies revealed benign inflamation called gastritis.
Normal small bowel biopsies

Doesn't mention esophageal biopsies, maybe he didn't bother? I'll ask about that one.
So apparently, no Crohns found. I suppose that's good news, but I don't think gastritis or esophagitis explains cramping and diarrhea.

Just thought I'd see what y'all thought.

Thanks,
May