• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Eggplant Parmesan, SCD

I don't have a serving size as this really depends on the size of your eggplant. I'm using 2 eggplants next time so I can freeze extras.

Eggplant Parmesan

1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced (about half an inch thick)
Italian sauce (see recipe below
shredded cheddar cheese
shredded parmesan cheese
1 egg
oil for frying

Pour in a large pan about an inch of oil. Start it heating. Whisk egg in a bowl. Dip your eggplant slices in the egg then the parmesan cheese. Fry eggplant. Keep an eye out as the parmesan cheese fries quickly and suddenly. Set aside on rack to cool and crisp. Cover bottom of casserole dish with a bit of sauce. Layer eggplant slices, more sauce, and shredded cheddar (I only got one layer in a 9 x 13 pan). Bake at around 425 until cheese melts.

Italian Sauce

1 can Cento (legal brand) crushed tomatoes. The biggest can was the only one that was the crushed tomatoes.
oregano
basil
parsley

Start with about a tablespoon each of basil and oregano and 2 tablespoons of parsley. Heat to boil then turn down to simmer. Keep taste testing to see how strong you like the spices. I cooked this for about 30 minutes, just enough to thicken a bit and blend the spices. You'll have plenty of leftover sauce to freeze.