• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

EJ's Scopes

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
EJ's scopes were this morning. Doc says his colon looks better now than the first time. There are a few apthous ulcers on his colon and a little bloody mucous that he thinks may be coming from those. That's all the good news. There does appear to be the beginnings of a vericese in his esophagus. This is one of the things that we were told about with his liver condition. The GI is going to show the results to the liver spec. but doesn't think we are any where near a concerning situation with that yet...so phew!!

So, for now at least, we are to stay the course with the 6mp and asacol. They want to retest bloods in a few weeks to see if his blood work nos. improve. If not, we may be trying new meds. or have to look closer at liver and spleen issues. GI mentioned metho this time, which was the first time I've heard him suggest that. The last time, I was under the impression that Remi would be the next stop. He also wants to consult the liver spec about this as well.

All in all, EJ still feels great. He was very hungry immediately after scopes. We're home and things are good. Hope things are going well with all of you!:)

AZMOM

Good deal! If you go the methotrexate route, we've been there (early arthritis days) and can share some suggestions if you need them. Glad to hear that boy is hungry!!!

Julie

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hey Dex!

That is so great to hear about his scope! YAY! What a relief for you all. I hope all continues to go that way Dex and his bloods improve.

Also good to hear he is eating you out of house and home.

Always thinking of you guys, :hug:
Dusty

Good for EJ! I am so happy to hear some good news!

I have to ask...how do they get a child to do the preps? I mean...a young child. I always wondered...

Hope he had something yummy afterwards.

Dexky

Hey thanks everyone, he's doing great! Back to normal today:).

@ Spingirl....EJ's prep is not as bad as an adult's prep. He took an oral laxative, no food for twenty four hours, then two suppository laxs. and the worst part is having to drink 8 oz. of Magnesium Citrate. It must be awful because he threw up the first part and had to start over. That stuff is almost like flushing out a pipe. It was in and out in half an hour. But he didn't have to drink the movi-prep or Go-Lightly or any of that stuff. EJ's eleven so old enough to be reasonable when he has to. I can't imagine forcing a toddler to go through that!! Afterwards, he wanted biscuits and gravy. I suggested something more bland but he ate it and had no problems.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Good to hear all is AOK Dex. :):):)

Okay, so what you call biscuits must be different to us 'cause I couldn't imagine having gravy with biscuits!!!

Dusty. :)

I've had that Magnesium Citrate - it makes me puke...can't keep it down either. New prep they have here in the states is a Miralax one. My GI would never let me do it but others told me they had it so I just did it once...never told him and he never knew...I felt so nervous...not telling him what I had done. Next time I just said he had to give it to me and all the other docs did it and he was being cruel...and he relented. It is still hard. The first few glasses are not so bad but after that...the salt starts getting to you...still the best one so far I've done. It all stinks. I must say...seeing he was just diagnosed recenlty and he's 11...just makes me cry...I have a 13 year old and so worried he is going to inherit my colon issues. I just can't even imagine what its like for a young child. Its not fair.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Well what the hell do you call gravy!! Argh come to think of it I hate to think!

Last edited:

Dexky

Ok, for the uncultured Aussie, tomatoes make sauce. Gravy is made with milk and flour and seasonings, and red-eye gravy is milk, flour and bacon grease!! It ain't good for you, but oh man, is it goooooooood!!!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Okay, this is gravy...............

And this is what you have with scones..............

BTW, that's jam and cream!

Dexky

Yeah, we put that on biscuits sometimes too!! Actually, I usually put jelly on mine. That is brown gravy which goes with red meat. We'd never eat that for breakfast.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hahaha, I'm so scared........NOT! I could drag this out forever....now you're putting jelly on scones!

AZMOM

You all are cracking me up. DustyKat, you would love some good ol' southern biscuits & gravy - I promise! Mmmmmmmm........wishing I had some right now!!!!

:cheers:

Dexky

Zoodles, I haven't had red eye gravy since I was a kid....and I didn't make it then. I only remember my mother starting with bacon grease.

Glad EJ's scope came out well. EJ sounds like my Tanner, after a scope he wants major food none of that start with liquids and see how that goes crap!LOL As for Methotrexate, if you have to go that route I hope it goes well for you. I personally will never put Tanner on that again, it put him in the hospital, he was so sick. It made my Mom really ill too. Not one of my fav drugs that is for sure.

Hey Dex and Dusty - you guys are a hoot 'nd anny :ybatty::ybatty::rof:

You both crack me up cause you take the mickey soooo much!!!

Good news about EJ and the way forward.

Keep on taking the piss its a laugh and a half:lol2:

Dexky, I am so glad Ej is doing good and results were okay.
Gravy and biscuits are very good, as jelly and biscuits are good. lol