• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Elderly Parents

This post is probably a little self indulgent, so I apologise in advance.

I had to spend most of today in A&E with my elderly Father. Normally it's the other way around with him caring for me. It just struck me that this was likely to be a recurring theme and that the support that I had taken for granted would eventually disappear. This would leave me caring for my parents but also managing my Crohns. I don't know how i'd cope? Would I be able to financially support myself? What about basic stuff like house work? I know these things have a way of sorting themselves out but today was a sudden jolt that the support that I have enjoyed for my life would disappear.

Does anyone have advice or a recollection of how they dealt with this change?

Many thanks

Tom

Do you have a job? Do you have someone who can help you with your parents? It seems like you would need a backup sometimes.