• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Elephant Butts drive me Nuts!

Sooo... this is just in... or out! I've just learned about Elephant Ears! Oh yeah, imagine my joy when someone linked infomation about the butt flaps I've had forever. Of course, it just gets better! The information says, "don't treat them like Hemmies!" I'll betcha that doesn't mean have a surgeon try to remove them.. oh, yep.. it does! Funny.. it also says it's the first way some Crohn's gets diagnosed. I have HUGE Ele ears now... that attempt at removal, awesome as it was (stitches flew out first day) only made them bigger. Really.. Elephant Ears... I could have been diagnosed 15 years before I was. I could have avoided YEARS of anemia, pain, etc... but.. on the other hand, I've got the wonderful humiliation of butt flaps! Whoo hoo!

Ack! I shouldn't have looked! Fingers crossed I don't get those! Sorry you have them! All I can do is use heaps of exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!! see?!!!!!!! I shall never look at an elephant in the same way again!!!

LOL, thanks Farm... it's just another thing, y'know? So far no strictures or resections for either of us here, so mostly it's just embarrassing. I really am amazed at all of the clues pointing to my crohn's that were missed sometimes. That's what not having a medical background will get you. As soon as Keith was diagnosed and there was a family tendency, voila!

Mud Flaps! You sure know how to sweet talk a gal! *SMIRK* I knew I could count on Farm for a good comment!

i have them! they totally bum me out sometimes, and i wish that the crohn's could have been caught sooner, because maybe they wouldn't have shown up. just maybe... if i'd started treatment sooner.

oh well. things could be worse.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
farm said:
I think we should re-name them from Ele. Ears to Mud Flaps!
That's what I was going to say....Hmm maybe you can get some pictures put on them like the truck drivers do....(Just not those naked lady silhouettes) How about " Eat my dust" written on them?:)
Seriously Rhonda, I'm sorry....Rant away, we are here to listen. I hope you are doing better.

imisspopcorn said:
That's what I was going to say....Hmm maybe you can get some pictures put on them like the truck drivers do....(Just not those naked lady silhouettes) How about " Eat my dust" written on them?:)
Seriously Rhonda, I'm sorry....Rant away, we are here to listen. I hope you are doing better.
LOL, was thinking the same thing.. mud flaps need pictures, but probably not chrome nekkid women! ... Something along the lines of Blow it out yer arse! ok, that was terrible... lol.. really long day.