• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Elevated LDH

Received a letter form Grace's new doc and he said all levels except her LDH were still in "normal" range. CBC's still falling but still normal.

LDH he said is now HIGH. WHY? I'm just wondering if a high LDH by it's self can mean something?I have no numbers yet. I'll call tomorrow.
He typed, since her other levels are normal, he's thinking it will be OK.:shifty-t:
8 months ago her LDH was at 600. This was during a flare.
Grace has been doing better. I thought. The last two days she's had liquid poo. Lot's of it.:frown:

Just when I was thinking I could stick around for moral support.:yfrown:

In the letter he said he tried to call but no one home. He said I can call anytime to chat if something is wrong.:thumright:

Oh dear, poor Grace - and poor you!! Sorry to hear she has been worse again the last couple of days. Maybe it's just a bug or something she's eaten. Hope she gets better soon so you can just offer moral support :thumleft:.
No idea about the LDH levels, never heard of it so can't help there, sorry.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hey Farmwife,

Have you heard anything further?

How is Grace doing?

The only thing I know about LDH is that it is normally indicative of some sort of tissue damage. It can be raised for a number of different reasons so if it remains elevated the normal course of action would be to find out why. I would pursue it if it remains high even if the other bloods are normal or close to it.

Good luck!

Dusty. xxx

DustyKat,
Thanks for asking. You just reminded my of her LDH. Oh, how fast we forget as we get older. My hubby says I live in the NOW!
Grace has what we believe to be her first impaction. She's not suffering right now and the nurse (which I'm coming to see is the boss) wants to give it more time for the Miralax to work.
Could an impaction cause the LDH to be elevated? I do agree that her levels need to be tested in a couple of weeks. 9 mo. ago her LDH hit 595 and a lot of other levels were off too.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I'm not sure about impaction causing a raised LDH but it could be possible. I know an obstruction can.

I wonder if it is and impaction?? It wouldn't be common that a laxative would move an impaction unless it was a small one, although it could be possible for a larger one to be moved this way. Most impactions occur low down in the rectum, 70%, and would normally require a manual removal, yes it is what it sounds like! :eek2:, followed by an enema.

I hope whatever it was/is Grace is still feeling okay!

Dusty. xxx