• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Elevated Liver Enzymes

I have been feeling great for the last couple months, sticking to SCD and taking Imuran. I went to see my GI yesterday, and my Crohn's is considered in remission (Yay!). SED rate has gone down, No longer Anemic, weight regained, etc...

But.... I have mildly elevated liver enzyme levels.

My GI doubts that it is the Imuran because typically the results would have shown up earlier (I have been on Imuran since the end of January and liver looked fine until now). He suspects either a digestive enzyme I started taking when I added beef into my diet, or Autoimmune liver disease.

Any thoughts/experiences with elevated liver enzymes? Anyone have Imuran cause toxicity after a few months? I can't help but feel suspicious that it is the cause.

I was diagnosed with Autoimmune Hepatitis this past May. At the time, until a biopsy my docs were thinking either Autoimmune Hepatitis, Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis or primary biliary cirrhosis (all autoimmune). My LFTs started off in the mid 100s in February, climbing steadily. In May, my symptoms got progressively worse and I ended up being hospitalized for acute liver failure. I have posted previously about my story in its entirety (just use the search bar to search for autoimmune hepatitis) or feel free to message me for more info!