• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Embarassing.....

What's this called? I have it alot.....my anus constricts really tight even when I'm not on the toilet and it HURTS! My crohns is not down that far either. I don't have blood or anything either in my stool.

Could be Levator Ani Syndrome...I get that ocassionally hurts like hell. Taking lots of warm baths help.

dont do this without checking it out first but someone I knew had problems a little like this (also suffers from hemorrhoids mind you) and used tea bags in hot/ boiling water and left to cool to a warm temperature and placed them on the the anus. She said it was like a miracle. For heavens sake dont burn yourself if you do try it and remember I am NO expert in medical stuff so read up on it first but best of luck.