• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Emergency list for the colo-rectal surgeon tomorrow

Been in hospital since friday for IV hydrocortisone... No improvements yet, in 5 days...
Started back with the aza again, obv thats a long term fun time tho...
Still bleeding massively, like, excessive... So tomorrow I'm on the colo rectal surgeons emergency list... No idea what will come of this, GI thinks it will be a better look but can't tell me what will be the outcome... Looks like surgery or inflix...
So want to be better really soon!! Did I mention I'm getting married in 15weeks?!
xxx

I hope everything goes well! Infliximab is a miracle drug, it helped me so much even though I was only on it for a few months. Colorectal Surgeons are very smart, I think that they are generally more knowledgeable than most GIs. Please keep us posted, and remember that you are in my prayers.

Sorry you are in the hospital sending :ghug: your way praying for a speedy recovery. Congratulation on you upcoming nuptials

Thankyou!!
I did get seen the next day :) apparently the crohns is just the same, no better or worse for the IVs but the bleeding is due to a fistula they couldn't see with a normal scope...
So they've given it some botox in the hope that helps it to heal properly.
I'm home, with strict instructions keep everything soft to help healing, rest, keep treating the crohns with foam enemas, back on the aza...
I had botox in my bum... Which is just too funny ;)
Thanks for your thoughts and care guys :)