• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Empty stomach during remicade infusion

Does anyone have any experience trying to get your remicade on a full stomach vs empty stomach? Today I they were running slow and the infusion started 6 hours since my last meal. After the infusion was over I actually felt pretty normal. I've been on a bad flare this week and normally the infusion would make my stomach and gut feel very uncomfortable for a few days after. Like there is a weight crushing down on my GI tract is the closest I can think to describe it. Very uncomfortable to move or even sit for the first few days.

Anyone have some thoughts on this? All I did was sip ice water the whole time like I normally do.

Thanks!

my little penguin

Staff member
my son is encourage to eat alot during the infusion to keep his blood sugar up since remi can lower that as well as blood pressure.