• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Endoscopic Camera Study - camera exiting my system

So 15 days ago, I swallowed the camera pill. (still waiting on results--dr hasn't yet viewed the pictures). I never saw the camera come out, but I haven't been "searching" for it. I just assumed it had passed.

Well funny thing, for the past 12 hours I keep feeling a mild vibrating in my colon!!! :rof: My hubby thinks I am nuts.

I compare to it a cell phone that maybe vibrating in your pocket but I feel in it my butt. :lol: The first couple of times, I thought I was passing gas or something, but now I realize (or THINK) it's the camera in my butt...I mean what else could it be!!!

I am constipated and can't get it out so just took a Ducolax to see if that helps. Wish me luck!!

Trysha

Staff member
wishing you all the best Jen------------
hope it passes out of your system soon, if that is the problem.
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Good luck! And on the bright side, at least this won't give you another funny story to tell...

I know a couple of radiology techs, and they told me that when they were in school, they learned some stuff about the pill cam. Specifically, their teacher said that sometimes, the final images on pill cam are of the patient's face looking down into the toilet right after the capsule passed out of their body! Eek! I never saw my pill cam pass either, but when I inquired about it later, the nurse looked at my file and all she said was that it "definitely" passed, so I suspect I'm in one of those toilet face photos. :p How embarassing!

So, on the plus side, since it's been a little while, the capsule is likely no longer recording, so you shouldn't end up in a toilet face photo too. I hope you pass that capsule soon - if you're still worried, you can always go to your doctor and request an x-ray to see exactly where the capsule is, if it's still in you, etc.