• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Enemas for Flex Sig

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I have a flex sig tomorrow morning, and I was told to take two enemas in the AM. Do I take them back to back or take one then wait an hour or two and take the second?

My appointment is at 10:30am, and I'll need to be on the road by 9:45am. So, I was thinking about taking the second one around 9:30am to be sure I am emptied out.

Thanks!!

Angrybird

I was only given one enema for my sig. I would perhaps do the first one as soon as you get up and then maybe the second one at about 9ish. I am just thinking if you wait until 9:30 you are only giving yourself 15mins of toilet time before getting in the car.... Hope it goes ok and keep us updated

I only had one too and they gave it to me shortly before I went in. I would probably take the second one about half an hour after the first.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Thanks, guys! I have had a few flex sigs before, but each time it was in conjunction with another test and needed to do full bowel prep. This is the first time I am just doing a flex sig on its own, so I wasn't sure of the prep process. If I phoned my GI, I would never hear back in time; she's not great with the follow up. Thank goodness for you guys!