• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Enough with the diets!

Imagine going to China to tell them that rice and soy products are bad for them.
Or how about to Italy to explain that pizza and pasta is no good.
How about telling Indians that Roti (flat bread) and legumes are damaging.
And then we could tell French people that croissants and pastries should be avoided.
And all the Arabs must be unwell because they eat grains, legumes and bread. Don't even get me started on telling the Japanese that sushi is no good because of the rice, and the seaweed wrappers!

OK,ta.

:lol: Aww Handle, I hear ya. Sticking to the diet can be a real drag. Especially when good stuff is actually bad stuff, if you know what I mean.

Thanks Grumbletum. I was really thinking that some 'special' diets, with their so-called 'illegal foods', are pretty odd when set against the backdrop of what 99% of the world's population live on.

I think I'll have some chocolate biscuits, lemonade, and corn chips - my 'special' healing diet for the next half hour! Wait for my book to come out... "Eat crap and Heal."

Since we don't "look" sick most of the time, I'm sure it's mind over matter anyway! :)

I'd buy your book, as long as it prescribed lots and lots of chocolate and coffee. No other diet has seemed to help, so maybe I'll use caffeine to kick my Crohn's.

Yes, anything 'illegal' in other diets is 'legal' in my book. Also, in the second chapter, feeling bad about life and your situation is championed as being good sense.

Terriernut

I'm sick and tired of all the diet evangelists telling us that this or that diet will CURE us! Bullshit it will. Once it's too far gone, we are screwed. It can help! But it cannot CURE! And if I hear ONE MORE IDIOT tell me to eat more fruit and veg...I'm gonna punch them!

I am gonna have me some soft tacos now thank you very much!!! AND...I'm gonna have a glass of wine later!!! So there!!!

I remember when I was first diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and my Dr told me "If it tastes good don't eat it"...great! Now diagnosed with Crohn's and most of the foods that the Endocrinologist suggests I have trouble with...go figure!

So yes I will by Handle's book "Eat Crap and Heal", It is the diet I follow most of the time now as it is. If it doesn't cause pain or diarrhea, I eat it! :tongue:

ekay03

My dog has hands!
I'm sick and tired of all the diet evangelists telling us that this or that diet will CURE us! Bullshit it will. Once it's too far gone, we are screwed. It can help! But it cannot CURE! And if I hear ONE MORE IDIOT tell me to eat more fruit and veg...I'm gonna punch them!

I am gonna have me some soft tacos now thank you very much!!! AND...I'm gonna have a glass of wine later!!! So there!!!
I am with you!!!

So yes I will by Handle's book "Eat Crap and Heal", It is the diet I follow most of the time now as it is. If it doesn't cause pain or diarrhea, I eat it! :tongue:
I agree! I had to live on junk for a few months because that was the only food I could keep in, I decided keeping food in was more important than the quality of what I was eating. It was no food or junk food!

Thankfully I am out of that now, but if I had to go back to that, I would in a second.

Some people need a common sense approach when it comes to nutrition and having an illness.