• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Entocort/Budesonide question. Doesn't seem like its working.

Hi everyone!

So I am going into my second month of entocort. I'm now on 6mg dose but I feel like it never helped in the first place. In fact, I feel like I have more bowel movements and pain then I have had before I started. The only difference I have seen is I feel more energized. But I feel like that is because I am putting a steroid into my body, and not because it is actually helping anything.

:poo:

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Thanks!

I don't know how typical this is, but I'm into the fourth week and I do feel like it's doing something. I have much better BMs and next to no pain. The symptoms I had were never all that bad, but it does seem better now, or perhaps it's just a good patch.

But I don't feel any more energised.:smile:

I also am on Budesonide, in my 4th week. I have LC and it helped initially stop the 10 times a day problem, I feel pretty good, energy wise but have had a couple of days here and there that I went back to the WD. I am beginning the 6 mg descent and am also worried that this has not completely solved the problems. I do take Dicyclomine when the urgency becomes an issue again. It helps me keep from running to the stool! I have heard that you need to reduce your fat intake which sometimes I am getting fast food and fried foods when I am in a hurry or eating beans and raw veggies which they say are a no no as well... So I am not sure if this is what is causing the backside from time to time for me. I really am afraid to completely come off it because I don't want o go back to the 3 months prior to that...it was a regular nightmare to work and run to the toilet 10 to 12 times a day people start looking at you like your crazy!