• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Entocort side effects!!

Sorry for all the posts these days!!
So I am new to Entocort. Been on it 3 weeks now and not liking the side effects at all. My vision is very blurry so I am experiencing lots of headaches and also I seem to be in a depressed mood. I don't care about anything at all and I feel down, sad all the time. Is this pretty common? Should I stay on it?
I am on this until I am cleared to go back on my Humira. Hopefully soon.

Sorry to hear you are having these side effects. I was on it before, but DoD not have any issues. Let your dr know for sure!

I've been on Entocort a week now and I'm feeling more and more under the weather by the day - mild headaches and blurred vision, plus a sore throat and a cough and needing to urinate twice as often as before, particularly during the night. It's keeping the Crohns symptoms under control though.

my little penguin

Staff member
Ds stopped humira a few times due to infection
And restarted without antibody testing
Not really an issue
If the drug isn't working the second time around after you been on it a bit then most docs will test for antibodies and levels

To determine at that time if you need to bump up frequency or plain stop it.

After three months on it for the third time docs tested his antibody levels last year
No antibodies just needed bumped to weekly shots

Risk of allergic reaction is low in humira

Remicade has a very high risk of reaction especially if antibodies have formed which is why those are tested more
Good luck

Vision changes on. Entocort should be checked by an opthamolologist MD
NOT an optometrist
Crohns is high risk for uvetis

Did you have to get blood work before getting on Entocort? My doctor scheduled a bunch of labs for me which I think he mentioned was for me to get to done before starting Entocort, but he already called in the prescription for me. Not sure what I should do?

Did you have to get blood work before getting on Entocort? My doctor scheduled a bunch of labs for me which I think he mentioned was for me to get to done before starting Entocort, but he already called in the prescription for me. Not sure what I should do?
No blood work to start the Entocort. Perhaps he wants to check your levels and make sure all is good there. I don't think he would give you the rx if he didn't want you to start it but call the office and ask if you are not sure.

Ds stopped humira a few times due to infection
And restarted without antibody testing
Not really an issue
If the drug isn't working the second time around after you been on it a bit then most docs will test for antibodies and levels

To determine at that time if you need to bump up frequency or plain stop it.

After three months on it for the third time docs tested his antibody levels last year
No antibodies just needed bumped to weekly shots

Risk of allergic reaction is low in humira

Remicade has a very high risk of reaction especially if antibodies have formed which is why those are tested more
Good luck

Vision changes on. Entocort should be checked by an opthamolologist MD
NOT an optometrist
Crohns is high risk for uvetis
I have been taking weekly shots for 7 yrs now but often have to stop when I get infections. Dealing with an abscess this time around. Maybe I will bring it up wiith my coordinator and see what she suggests. I really can't afford to be on a drug that is not going to work for me and I can't be on Remicade. Ohhhh......what fun!! Haha. I often get eye infections with Crohns but they clear up quickly but this blurry vision definitely started once I was a week or so into the Entocort.
Thanks!!

Sorry for all the posts these days!!
So I am new to Entocort. Been on it 3 weeks now and not liking the side effects at all. My vision is very blurry so I am experiencing lots of headaches and also I seem to be in a depressed mood. I don't care about anything at all and I feel down, sad all the time. Is this pretty common? Should I stay on it?
I am on this until I am cleared to go back on my Humira. Hopefully soon.
Before being on Entocort , I was already feeling like I didn't care about anything.

Just call the office and they will let you know.
The Dr obviously wants to check all your levels and make sure all is good and where it should be. If he called it in my guess is he wants you to start it but if you are not sure the receptionist should be able to look at your file and answer.