• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Entocort???

I have been taking this for about a month. I feel like I am having memory problems. Could it be related to this drug? Forgetting to turn off the oven, can't remember phone numbers, etc. Just little things.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I just started taking Entocort a couple of weeks ago, but my memory has been pretty bad long before I started on the drug. So I would guess it's the disease itself that is fogging our brains, although the meds probably aren't helping things any.

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Haven't tried Entocort, but some forms of my memory get worse as the inflammation gets worse. Recently, during my worst period of illness yet, my sister said it sounded like she was talking to a different person, because my verbal fluency (verbal memory) was so poor. I was stopping and starting when verbalizing even the most basic of sentences. This lasted a few weeks and then improved as my other symptoms also improved.

Astra

Hi Lakelady

I have a fantastic memory, always
But when I was on Entocort I was wading thro thick mud, in a permanent foggy haze, slurring, slavvering, disorientated and feeling totally mental! I made so many mistakes in work, I was a danger to everyone!
I will never go on it again!
Give me Pred any day!

Memory problems are common for Crohn's patients with or without Entercort. It's not impossible because it's a steroid and all steroids cause many side effects.