• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Entyvio and limitations - please help!

hello, I'm jonathan

I am starting to take Entyvio tomorrow for the first time and i would like to know how does it go with things such as tattoos, smoking and drinking.

Thanks so much !!

I'm having my 4th infusion on Nov 9. I haven't developed any tattoos, :ylol: I smoke a pack a day, and on restricted alcohol due to flagyl script that ends next week...I will be indulging in a bottle of wine next weekend.

The only real thing I would see is tattoos. You are more prone to serious infections so make sure you go to a place that is super clean and watch afterward for signs of infection. Smoking/drinking arnt good for IBD in general but entyvio won't make it any worse. Meaning if you smoke/drink now and it doesn't arggrave symptoms entyvio is not contraindicated.