• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Entyvio has stopped working for me after about 14 months

I've been on Entyvio for about 14 months or so and it's been great except the last two infusions which I receive every 8 weeks no longer seem to be effective since my symptoms have returned. Just 2 weeks ago was my last infusion and symptoms are already returning this weekend (urgency, diarrhea, bad gas, increased bathroom usage, etc... I've just recently been approved by to go to every 6 weeks for the Entyvio infusions but that doesn't kick in until Nov 1. Currently my doctor switched me over to Prednizone and has me slowly tapering off it but due to symptoms returning it's more then likely the dosage will have to be upped. Previously, I was taking Budesonide but that also seemed like it was no longer working well for me in the last few months. I just put a call into my doctor's office relating my current situation and am waiting to hear back. I've been doing great on Entyvio especially the beginning of this year then around April or May a flare up accured and I've never been the same. Anyone else experience this with Entyvio? Prior to Entyvio I was on Humira for about 5 months but then out of no where started experiencing bad panic attacks on it and had to stop it.

Sorry to hear you are having issues...has your GI ran any labs to see what is going on? How high are your inflammatory markers?

You are already being bumped up to more frequent infusions but perhaps your GI can add some mesalamine or an immunomodulator (azathioprine, 6-MP, methotrexate) to your therapy to help calm things down.

I hope you get some relief soon.

Sorry to hear you are having issues...has your GI ran any labs to see what is going on? How high are your inflammatory markers?

You are already being bumped up to more frequent infusions but perhaps your GI can add some mesalamine or an immunomodulator (azathioprine, 6-MP, methotrexate) to your therapy to help calm things down.

I hope you get some relief soon.
Hi, thanks for responding. I'm currently waiting to hear back from my GI doctor. Yes, I am being bumped up to every 6 weeks but that doesn't start until Nov 1. Currently I'm on Entyvio and Prednizone (20Mg per day).

Update: My GI Doc has recommended we switch to Stelara which we're in the process of doing. For the time being he has me on 40mg a day of Prednisone and Mesalamine Enema's nightly. Thank God, after 4 days of being on the Enemas I'm starting to feel better and am definitely seeing an improvement!

I have had a deterioration in symptoms after about 8-9 months on Entyvio. It never got very bad and I was able to manage without a visit to a doctor. It improved after about 4 months - 2 infusions. I hope Stelara works for you.

I have had a deterioration in symptoms after about 8-9 months on Entyvio. It never got very bad and I was able to manage without a visit to a doctor. It improved after about 4 months - 2 infusions. I hope Stelara works for you.
Thank you, I really hope so! Entyvio worked well for me for about 13 months and then I started noticing symptoms returning. A common thread with some other Entyvio users seems to be that 13 month mark of use. It just stops working. :( I wish you better luck then I experienced with your Entyvio journey!

Last edited: