• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Entyvio (Vedolizumab)

So the newest infusion is going to be coming out in June, and my doctor wants me to start on it. I'm currently on Cimzia, and my scope last week revealed tons of psuedopolyps and severe inflammation in 75% of my colon. Anyone been on it during the trial phase? I'm currently trying to conceive, but am terrified of starting a brand new drug...

theOcean

From what I've read, it looks like biologics like Remicade and Humira shouldn't cause any harm, so I would think it's all right. Definitely tell your doctor about it though so you can be monitored while on it.

Vedolizumab puzzels me... it's still looks like it turn out to be anywhere on the spectrum from a block buster to a non-funny joke. Ah well...
That said for CD.

For UC, however, my guess is that its going to be a big news (not that I am an expert, but thats my impression).

So good luck and I hope it will control your condition well with minimum side effects, as it is the big promise it supposed to carry with it.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

All the best !

My doc emailed me yesterday that it has been approved and to come in to talk about starting it. I have been waiting for something new to come out as I have failed pretty much everything else. The methotrexate is doing okay, but I still can't get off the prednisone. That is my hope with vedolizumab. Good luck to everyone who tries it! :)

Good luck to you. I've heard it's great for UC but not as much for Crohns. Im very hesitant to make the jump to Entyvio since I'm trying to conceive. Maybe I'll have to revisit Remicade...

Good luck with getting pregnant, Memmy29. I've heard of many people whose Crohn's improved during pregnancy!

I did go into remission for my first pregnancy. it was great. for the 2nd pregnancy I went into "crohns" remission but developed a severe intraintestinal manifestation of Hidradenitis which never went away. :/

BUT I had no problem with being on a biologic.

theOcean

I did go into remission for my first pregnancy. it was great. for the 2nd pregnancy I went into "crohns" remission but developed a severe intraintestinal manifestation of Hidradenitis which never went away. :/

BUT I had no problem with being on a biologic.

Oh dear! I have a friend with that, but it completely went away for her and healed when she went on Remicade.

A friend of mine, a GI with a Crohn's specialty, was involved with the trial phase. He said he got good results and is excited for its debut. He said that the top line results were similar to Humira and other current drugs, but was a good option for people who had bad results with the other drugs.

My own research showed that this is a solid product with potentially fewer side effects than other drugs. I think this could be a good choice.

Oh dear! I have a friend with that, but it completely went away for her and healed when she went on Remicade.
Unfortunately I have used up my Remicade using abilities. . . I LOVED Remicade. Humira caused depression and I feel (mentally) so good being off it that I am not willing to risk it again anytime soon.

I'm going to try some home remedies. Supplements and such.

theOcean

Unfortunately I have used up my Remicade using abilities. . . I LOVED Remicade. Humira caused depression and I feel (mentally) so good being off it that I am not willing to risk it again anytime soon.

I'm going to try some home remedies. Supplements and such.
I think any biologic would potentially work. Good luck to you, either way!

I think any biologic would potentially work. Good luck to you, either way!
I was on Humira when I developed the Hidradenitis. I was on it as it did not go away. I had to stop the Humira because it was causing depression. The Hidradenitis has intensified but so far the lack of depression is worth the price - until/unless I find all other methods don't help.

I have an appt with two different Boston Dermatologists this summer, i'll decide after working on it with them if I should try the next biologic.

I just don't want to risk the depression again.

I have CD severe had it for 23yrs I have tried everything Humira an Remicade have failed with really extremely bad reactions. Just had my first infusion of Entyvio an was told the reactions were not as high please tell me this is true. I don't think I could handle anymore problems than I have already at least after my last serious reaction to remicade I've just been doing methotrexate it has not helped completely but at least I haven't went thru anything like the other treatments...... Any info would be Awesome please

Hi Baldree41 - I started Entyvio in July of 2014, have had 6 infusions with no problems, and I am doing very well on it. I have been on prednisone for most of 7-1/2 years, and may finally get off of it next month thanks to Entyvio. I, too, had a serious reaction to Remicade, almost died, but no problems with Entyvio. Hope you do well on it.