• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Entyvio

I talked to my doctor today. They want to put my on Entyvio. The only hesitation I have is having to deal with the specialty pharmacy. I already take a drug called Hizentra through the specialty pharmacy. Those folks are aggravating. They never do anything in advance and you end up waiting a month while they run around and get authorizations. I am not sure I can put up with them on another drug. Yikes!

In my case, the drug is sourced by the pharmacy, but the injection happens at a small private clinic. I only had to deal with the pharmacy once when setting it up at the beginning. When the injection time is coming the clinic contacts the pharmacy and I am no longer involved.

my little penguin

Staff member
Entivyio can be given by infusion (iv at a clinic ) so no specialty Pham
Or injection for some with a specialty pharmacy
Your docs office should be the ones getting the prior authorization ahead of time
I tend to nag my child doc a month in advance
Then I order through the app
Much easier that way.
my kiddo has been on specialty biologics for almost 10 years
We found it’s not the pharmacy
It’s the docs office that forgets .
And the insurance company that drags their feet

good luck with the new drug

In my case, the drug is sourced by the pharmacy, but the injection happens at a small private clinic. I only had to deal with the pharmacy once when setting it up at the beginning. When the injection time is coming the clinic contacts the pharmacy and I am no longer involved.

I hope that is the case. The Hizentra is dispensed by the specialty pharmacy. It is administered SUBQ at home. I took Gammagard at the hospital for a year before they let me start Hizentra at home. The gammagard took all day and my IgG numbers never really got up to a normal range. We had a nurse come into the house to help us get started with the Hizentra. I used to use Accredo Specialty Pharmacy. They were on the ball. My insurance company changed to CVS Specialty Pharmacy. I once had to fax an authorization letter from one CVS pharmacy dept. to another dept. at CVS pharmacy to get my prescription filled. They are some kind of messed up.