• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Epigastric Pain?

Hey everyone. I'm a newly diagnosed Crohn's sufferer. I was in hospital for 9 days and had cameras down and up! CR scans, Ultra Sound and MRI. I have Crohn's of the lower right ileum. I was on a liquid Modulen diet for 5 weeks which helped but not considerably. I am now on Prednisolone tapering down 5mg each week from 30mg. Ompeprazole 20mg.
I was wondering if anyone had upper abdominal pain? -epigastric- ? It feels tender off and on, almost like there is a pressure there. I also feel breathless if I try and do too much. It almost feels like a strain. This has been going on now for about 5 weeks. My consultant says there is nothing to see there. Is it just purely related to the Crohn's? Has anyone out there experienced this kind of discomfort?
Many thanks guys.

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry for what you are going through. I can't answer your question but I am sure someone else can.

Prednisone has given me upper abdominal pain because it can be (ironically) tough on the stomach. At one point I was given sucralfate to take several times a day and that helped. If the pain gets worse the farther you taper down on the prednisone you might be flaring again. I would recommend asking your GI about the prednisone affecting your stomach.