• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

ER Nurse

dave13

Forum Monitor
I saw the ER nurse,Stephanie,for the first time since I was admitted to the ER that fateful day last November.I was in so much pain and so confused,one test after another.She was very professional and new her job.She was also a caring and compassionate person who helped me deal with a terrible situation.As I was pacing the room in intense pain I realized my nurse looked familiar.I asked her if she shopped at a particular local health food store? With a confused'how the heck did you know'look on her face she said she yes.I told her I worked there and remember helping her one time.Fast forward to this week,my first full week back to work...I meet Stephanie! She asked how I was doing before I could even say hello.She said she's been thinking about me and hoping I was doing well.I finally got to thank her! We had a nice talk and I got to tell her young son how her Mom really helped me.Just thought I'd share this. :smile:

valleysangel92

Staff member
Thanks for sharing :) it's so great to hear you had such a positive experience, it's really amazing the difference one nurse can make :) . Also it's great to hear that you are doing better :) .

Hi Dave13, So glad to hear you are doing so well. Thanks for sharing the nice story. Some nurses you never forget, they are angels!

nice to hear...

I feel the same way about our local pharmacist. he has also gone above and beyond. you want to give them a big hug!!!

thank you for sharing

dave13

Forum Monitor
Happy to share the story with everyone.I also had a nurse after my resection who was awesome.I'm 50 and my resection was my first operation and my first stay in a hospital.This nurse,Becka,treated me so well.I wake up after emergency surgery:abdomen stapled closed,tube down my throat,IV stuck in my arm, wacked on dilauted.I was a bit distraught.She helped me through a rough week.She encouraged me everyday.I'm happy to say she was on duty the afternoon I was discharged and I got to thank her.She gave me a hug.
I hope that's my last good nurse story I relate for a long time.I want to stay in remission. :smile:

It's nice to hear when health care professionals are good, as often we only mention them to complain when we feel they aren't taking us seriously or are trivializing our concerns.

I'm glad you're feeling better and you got a chance to thank her.