• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Exam tomorrow!!!

ARGH!

I'm new here, but I'm so fed up now I need to vent!!! I sat 3 exams (over 2 days) with a bowel obstruction last week (one of which I was an inpatient allowed ward leave for) and I begged to be allowed home to revise on sunday so although I'm home now I'm still really unwell with this flare and I have 2 HUGE exams tomorrow and thursday!!!!!

SO FED UP!!!! If I feel like this tomorrow it's going to be awful! I just want to be well and pass.....

Sorry for moaning, I've just had enough at the minute :'(

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I hope you're able to get through your exams and that your flare gets better. I didn't have this illness when I was in school so I can only imagine how difficult it must be to do that while dealing with these symptoms. And you're in med school, right? That's got to be really challenging on its own, let alone dealing with a flare and obstruction! I wish you the best of luck in your exams and I hope you feel better very soon.

Well it's the morning of exam 4 out of 5.... it's not till this afternoon. My tummy hurts but I guess that's to be expected and the nerves probably arent helping.....

Thanks for your good luck messages guys, yeah cat-a-tonic I'm sitting my medical finals and today and tomorrow are the practical exams, so these are the tough ones that everyone dreads......... SCARED and sick :-(
xxx

I know you might think I'm absolutely insane for saying this, but I'm so envious of you. I want to go to medical school sooo bad, but I don't have the money for it. And now that I know I have crohn's, I think a position in the medical field is out of the question (for now.)
There's no way I could be on my feet for hours at a time, let alone deal with the gross part of being a doctor or nurse. I used to have an iron stomach. I could be knee deep in shit and not blink an eye, but I've been so nauseated lately I think the sights and smells of a hospital would do in me in quite quickly.

I know we don't know each other, but I'm very proud of you. You're doing a great thing, going into this profession, and I can tell from your posts that you're a compassionate person. That will make for an amazing doctor.

I'm sorry you're so stressed and feeling so sick. It will get better, and you'll do great things in your life. Keep up the good work, Lulu. I believe in you.
:goodluck:

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Good luck with the exams - try to relax (or calm down lol) as much as possible!!!

Let us know how you do - both with the exams and with how you are feeling!

25times thank you so much for your kind supportive words. Are there no ways to fund ur degree in canada? If you ever want some help with med school applications please do drop me a message Id be happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear your crohn's is so bad atm, but remember it's a relapsing remitting condition..... you may well remit for a long time and then be able to accomplish your dreams. I hope you feel better very soon.

I do love medicine more than anything in the world, I just hope that being so ill over my exams hasn't cost me. It's difficult to say how today's exam went, I'll just have to wait and see. One more to go tomorrow then I'm off for a few days to get better before I start shadowing the doctor whose job I'm taking over in august! SCARY!!

I truly hope you start to feel better soon!

xxxxx

There are things I could, do, I'm sure. Right now it just feels really overwhelming. I was accepted into a health care aide course, but after talking to some admissions counsellors, we decided the course would be way too slow for me, and not really worth the $5000 it cost.
I was going to take the admissions test for the practical nursing degree, but there is a pretty big math component, and I'm horrible at math.
I also did half of the EMT course, but after realizing how often you have to recertify, and how expensive it is, I decided it wasn't for me.
My brain is full of medical knowledge, and the medical field is really the only one I want to go into. But it takes so long, it's so expensive, and who knows if I'll even be able to do it. It's frustrating.

You seem like you're doing a bit better though, which is great. And don't worry, you passed your exams. There's no way you couldn't have. You sound so passionate about it. Keep us up to date on everything!