• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Experience with TPN and Fistula?

Hi, all! Just got home from an appointment with my gastro. I've been on Humira for about 2 months now and I've had recurring abscesses during that time. I have a Crohn's diagnosis and have been dealing with abscess/fistula for 5 years. It is currently my worst symptom. I'm scheduled December 3rd for a colonoscopy to see if the inflammation has subsided by taking Humira. If it hasn't and my abscesses continue to come back, my gastro said today that the next line of therapy is TPN. Have any of you tried it and had success with it for treating fistula? Your experiences and advice are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sorry for what you are going through. I have been on TPN. I was never given a title to what was going on but my intestines got twisted around themselves. Everyone is different but I developed an allergy to something in the formula in the TPN. Don't base what you should do based on my experience. Best to you.