• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

EXTREME drowsiness help.

I am experiencing severe drowsiness off of methotrexate. is there anything I can do to help from feeling that side effect ? Or at least relieve some of it. It really makes me feel really tired, and makes my entire body feel weak. Almost like I have not slept for many days straight.

Hi

Im on MTX and ive just done my sixth injection, I have the same with the sleeping problems and feel so tried, are you taking folic acid 5mg?? if so have you tried taking it everyday apart from your tablet/injection day. Worked for me but I still feel rough the next day still. How long have you been on it and are you getting your bloods checked. I would also contact your IBD nurse and explain how your feeling they need to know so that they can help you. Good luck

sorry can't advise anything to combat the tiredness short term, but am scripted at the same dose as yourself, but take the folic acid at two days after the MTX and don't normally have any problems, I have used BODYSHOP's sleep spray in the past with good results

I just sleep the day after the jab and rest up, and then I seem to come right the following day

methotrexate the name just sounds scary lol i have been doing injections of 1cc every saturday.i am super tired and like feeling drunk all day it has to be the metho,cause i dont drink.i have takin on alot with this drug but in return i have lost the diahrea is it really worth it at this point i dont know.