• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Extreme fatigue methotrexate

Hi,

is anyone experiencing extreme fatigue as a result of methotrexate? is there anyway of over coming it?

nogutsnoglory

I'm more tired and have some flu like symptoms since starting MTX but had extreme fatigue before. If anything I have more energy now thanks to either this or Remicade or both.

I wish I had an answer for you. This medication does suppress your immune system and could be making you weak. What dose are you on? Have you discussed it with your doc?

Hi thanks for the reply. I'm on 25mg... I've spoken to my doctors, but I've only been on it for around six weeks now; they want to wait a little longer to see if anything changes before making any major decisions. Since being on methotrexate my symptoms have settled, but the fatigue is so overwhelming i'm not sure it's really worth it :/

I spoke to her, she's dropped me down to 17.5mg per week. I'll be starting that on tuesday so I'll let you know how it goes:) what dose are you on?

I've been on 17.5 for about 1 1/2 weeks now.. no difference, although I'm not sure if I'll have to wait a little longer to see it. How are things going for you?