• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Extreme nausea

L

legoheadsmom

extreme nausea

My husband has been suffering with Crohn's for many years now. He was helped tremendously with Remicade but for at least 6 months has had continuous nausea. They do not see a stricture. They are going to do another xray on Friday to see how his stomach is emptying. He can barely eat at all. What can I do to help him?

S

Skinsfan1229

Why havent they just tried some phenergan or zophran? zophrain is used in chemo patients so its potent to MOST people.

L

legoheadsmom

He has been given phenergen and Reglan but still has nausea. Is Zophrain better?

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Try and think about what foods in particular are causing the symptoms. Perhaps a regular breakfast food is causing the problems. Try avoiding certain types of food and see if it helps at all.

Otherwise I am not sure what else can be done. Ensure you let the doctor know about any symptoms.

you gotta force him to eat, but just make it all in liquid form for now so its easily digestable. don't let him eat any dairy products either

S

Skinsfan1229

Zophran MIGHT be better for HIM. Its not for everyone. Its used as in like chemo when people get large doses, so its SUPPOSED to be the big guns I guess, but doees nothing for me.

Ask about Zophran, its expensive though.

Do def watch what he eats while this is going on. But my my experience I'm nasueas on an empty stomach not after eating as much.

Cara Fusinato

Sarcastic Forum Comedian
Try some easily digested things, liquid type things. When I first flared real bad, anything solid I ate made me want to vomit. Then as the flare quit, I was better, even with the strictures I have.

A

AisForAlexa

Hmmm I too have been dealing with bouts of nausea and dizzy spells.. the Dr. Rx me...promethazine.. works well but does cause drowsiness!

S

Skinsfan1229

promethazine is phenergan, and yes it does make you drowzy, i'm sure it listed that on the bottle.

I've gotten to the point that pill form nasuea medication doesnt work, and i have the 25mg ones some people only get the 12.5mg ones

V

Valentina

legoheadsmom said:
My husband has been suffering with Crohn's for many years now. He was helped tremendously with Remicade but for at least 6 months has had continuous nausea. They do not see a stricture. They are going to do another xray on Friday to see how his stomach is emptying. He can barely eat at all. What can I do to help him?
This is me!!!! lol
sorry, glad someone (finally) having the same reaction/symptoms as me :)
(not that Im glad anyone is sick of course)

Im on remicade as well, and its given me my life back.. BUT last christmas I felt blah.. which turned into daily nausea, which turned into me not being able to eat much more than a banana and some soda crackers every day for over 2 months. I had the double scope (top and bottom, yuck) and it showed nothing but that my crohns site was almost complety healed. go figure.
Im on pantaloc (a protien pump inhibitor) and 5mg of folic acid a day - I honestly dont think they help a bit, but I take them.
It did get better. but every once in a while it happens again. some times its a few weeks after a remicade infussion, or the day I take my methotrexate. Its never lasted as long as it did last year though.
ok, sorry for rambling.
I hope he feels much better very soon, and that his tests come back A-OK.
good luck to both of you.