• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Eye of the needle moments

hi my name is ken and im a 63yr old just been released from a 8 day spell in hospital apparently with crohns / colitis im waiting for the biopsy results to come but ive just spent the worst days in my life on the toilet does this get any better

Welcome to the forum, kenny b. The time around dx was one of the hardest for my son. Things did improve but it took some time.

Did they start you on Pred/steroids while you were in the hospital? The steroids will generally help things improve quickly. Somewhere during the steroid taper they start maintenance meds as well to give them time to build up and take over when you have tapered completely off the steroids. This will probably all be discussed at your GI appt.

Things do get better, once in remission things will improve greatly. I hope you find remission soon, if this is IBD.