• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Failed, intolerant, reaction to Remicade Trial

S

Skinsfan1229

http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00338650

This trial is for.....

The primary objective of this study is to make adalimumab available to patients suffering from moderately to severely active Crohn’s Disease who have failed to respond to, lost response to, or are intolerant to infliximab, and to evaluate safety

This trial is at MULTIPLE locations around the United States, so should be within a short drive or so within everyones reach, if you qualify.

S

Skinsfan1229

This is actually not right. I gave a call to the 1-800 number listed on the website and left a voicemail and its actually Abbot I believe...but they gave me the right phone number.

Looks like a third phase clinical trial of a new drug similar to remicade or it might just be a new formulation of remicade that still has to go through the clincal trials...

S

Skinsfan1229

Yea I dont think they'll call me back because of course with clinical trials they use the CDAI, which we all know is NOT accurate, especially for me having an ostomy, how can they observe how many bm's I have? They can't, so I'm not really elligible for any clinical trials, wish I was, althought my GI at the university could get things for me not yet approved for crohns, I cant legally be listed as a participant I guess is how I understand it.