• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Faking this pain? please help, its not in my head.

I don't have insurance and I just can't take the pain any longer. Is this Crohns? My symptoms started over 6 years ago however I remember a few episodes back when I was a little kid as well. The episodes used to only happen every month or every other month and such now there weekly and the pain is so bad I can't take it.

I can never tell when I'm going to have an episode they hit me fast. At first I have this horrible pain in my lower stomach I have to retreat to a bathroom immediately. It feels like there is a blockage at first and I can't make a bm I can only sit there feeling the wave after wave of pain. I don't have enough strength to push just sitting waiting till it works itself out. Then after a wile of severe pain my stomach unknots and the diarrhea hits me. Once I make a bm the pain goes down a little but it builds back up to the severe pain over and over till I make another bm. There has been blood in my stool and snot looking stuff when I wipe. The pain gets so bad I start vomiting during an episode on occasion. I also have tenderness in my lower stomach after I eat. It happens every time. It feels like it's bloating and I can't put any pressure on it.

Sometimes it can go a wile without the pain then out of nowhere it hits me I tried all the dairy free and gluten free and all that but it seemed to not change much I still would get the episodes. Is this what Crohns disease feels like? I have no insurance I can't get help right now but now that's it's weekly I can't do this anymore the pain is to much I need advice

The worst thing is how it effects my relationships I feel like my boyfriend thinks I'm a fake. When I had insurance and back before I thought it was Crohns I had a bunch of tests ran and everything came back fine except one that showed my liver was in bad shape. The doctor glared at me and told me I needed to stop drinking because I was destroying my liver I just looked up at him and told him I didn't drink at all. He didn't believe me he tried to send me to aa and told me all my pain was in my head and tried to send me to a therapist. The pain is so extream I black out sometimes how am I faking that. Please anything you can add will help I'm tired of being alone in this.

I'm not a Dr but I can tell you that the pain is really intense.its like having labor contractions but it's not a happy good pain..not having insurance is not good because the only way I found out I had crohns was back in 2000 and they did a lower GI as well as a upper. Have you gone into the hospital during any of your episodes.? I would definitely try that and see what they can do for you. I wouldn't keep going thru your painful episodes without being checked cause any stomach pain isn't nothing to Mess with especially if a DR has told you that your liver is bad.. I wish I could help more but you need to get a Dr to diagnose you.and please try and get it done right away.. I wish you the best..

I'm not a Dr but I can tell you that the pain is really intense.its like having labor contractions but it's not a happy good pain..not having insurance is not good because the only way I found out I had crohns was back in 2000 and they did a lower GI as well as a upper. Have you gone into the hospital during any of your episodes.? I would definitely try that and see what they can do for you. I wouldn't keep going thru your painful episodes without being checked cause any stomach pain isn't nothing to Mess with especially if a DR has told you that your liver is bad.. I wish I could help more but you need to get a Dr to diagnose you.and please try and get it done right away.. I wish you the best..
I did go to the hospital during an episode before they did an ultra sound and saw nothing so they pumped me full of pain meds witch I cried through the whole time and sent me home still balling from the pain

When I go into the hospital they always pump the dye into me.so they can see where my blockage is.ive never had a ultrasound...do you have any family members that have UC or IBS.

That sounds very serious and similar to what I recently had, which was a stricture that had to be removed. The waves of pain were my body trying to push food through an area of my intestines about the size of a pinhole. You definitely need to go to the hospital again, they should be doing blood tests, stool samples and a CAT scan with contrast as a starter. At this point you would not even know if it is safe to do a colonoscopy. You CANNOT let this wait any longer. Eventually you will not even be able to push food through and the vomiting will begin. This is not something to try and work through yourself and you need to keep looking for help until someone takes this seriously.

That sounds very serious and similar to what I recently had, which was a stricture that had to be removed. The waves of pain were my body trying to push food through an area of my intestines about the size of a pinhole. You definitely need to go to the hospital again, they should be doing blood tests, stool samples and a CAT scan with contrast as a starter. At this point you would not even know if it is safe to do a colonoscopy. You CANNOT let this wait any longer. Eventually you will not even be able to push food through and the vomiting will begin. This is not something to try and work through yourself and you need to keep looking for help until someone takes this seriously.
But without insurance no one will help me and I'm going a week at a time now without a bm and I have this dull pain all the time now but I don't vomit I feel like it when it starts to hurt but I never do unless I'm in the middle of an extreme episode and it just happens. Is that ok I'm getting more and more scared and depressed I go to work come straight home and crawl in bed in weak from the depression and pain.