• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fatigue same day as injections?

I just had my initial four injections the other day. After getting over the pyschological aspect of stabbing myself in my stomach, not once, not twice, but four times, I had no problems. (I always had a home healthcare nurse inject my cimzia, so I never had to do those). All in all, just the same as lovenox injections for blood thinners, not too bad.

But..... I noticed about 2 hours afterwards that I was very tired, and felt a little run down. I layed down and ended up taking a "catnap" for about 90 mins, and felt much better after I got up.

Is this usual for Humira, or perhaps it was just my nerves?.....

Yup. I always do my injections just before bed, that way I sleep extra well :) Probably a combination of both, the antic...ipation and side effect.

I get tired after my shots, usually the next day for me though. It has gotten better the longer I have been on it, but I still plan for a "down" day the day after injections. I get nausea from them as well so have to take phenegren, that might be causing some of the fatigue.

Yes I have noticed weakness after my humira shots. I thought it was just me. I have a 20min sleep most days any how.